Author Topic: Video in Ghent (Belgium)  (Read 1493 times)

Offline KYLIEDOG

• Начинаещ
    • View Profile
    • Email
Video in Ghent (Belgium)
« on: 20.11.2009, 00:00:50 »
Hi to all of you.
15 ex-trolleybus from Ghent in Belgium will now be used in Plovdiv. I have a video I shot in 2008 in Ghent.
Click HERE and you will see these trolleybus when they were used in Ghent.

Enjoy.

Kyliedog

Offline troley_ lover

• Наистина съм луд
  • ;)
    • Skype Me™!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Video in Ghent (Belgium)
« Reply #1 on: 20.11.2009, 11:39:49 »
Well this video shows that they are quiet inside but outside they are not. Inside may be I heard the ventilation system but I'm not sure. Inside they look very well.  :) Finally I saw that pantographs are downloaded automatically.  :fan:
Някои хора трябва да обърнат внимание на това, което искат гражданите в отделните градове и тези хора се наричат  КМЕТОВЕ! Нека да спрем прибързаните решения на самите кметове и да им покажем какво искаме! ;)

Offline KYLIEDOG

• Начинаещ
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Video in Ghent (Belgium)
« Reply #2 on: 20.11.2009, 11:54:36 »
Hi Troley_lover.
These trolleys are the quietest I have ever heard. Outside you hear nothing, inside you just hear the transmission from the traction motor to the wheels. Very , very quiet. You will be amazed. When they run using the diesel generarator, there are VERY noisy. Yes the trolley booms (what you call pantographs) are controlled by pneumatic devices. They can be lowered or put on the wire at the touch of a button from the driver's seat......So the booms can be put into contact with the electric line IF there is this sort of device on the electric line: